Friday, October 28, 2005

Another one bites the dust

Man oh man. Another year down and endless more years to go. My wife is on a mission and now I'm on a mission. It's time to kick start my brain into gear. I've spent enough time now goofing off, talking about what I want to do in life. Well, I've inched closer to the big 3-0, and haven't even come close. That stops now. Time to move along with a purpose. I've felt extremely lost the past few months, wondering around aimlessly. I've known since high school where I want to be in life. I've taken a few detours but I always find my way back. The big problem is staying on my path. Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here, no more fooling around. I'm writing my novels, short stories and screenplays. I may not get published, though it would be nice to see the world of my imagination on a bookshelf or better yet, someone actually reading my words on the beach, on the metro or just sitting in the bookstore cafe enjoying my creation. I've talked and dreamed about it for years and still have yet to complete one single story. It always felt like a daunting task and a bit tiresome. My wife has given me confidence. She even helps me work out my ideas. Because of her, I know I can make this journey. Thank you Camille.

Back to this aging thing. I'm such an adult now. I can't fake being young anymore. And what's with that anyways? Why do adults feel the need to be young and connect with the late teens, early twenties? We don't stop knowing how to laugh or have fun do we? We laugh at different things, find fun in weird "you're such an adult" things and party like it's 1999. So what if it's not as fun to drink because I'm legally allowed to purchase alcohol. I remember the excitement in getting some old guy to buy us beer for parties. Honestly, I don't know where all the alcohol came from or how we got it all. I even remember the time at Cedar Point, we had juice bottles half filled with vodka. Now it doesn't even matter. I can buy the stuff and drink it out in the open. I don't have to sneak around. Such a bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home