Thursday, October 13, 2005

Now for the job I really want

When I grow up and if life wasn't so damn serious I'd love the opportunity to hunt ghosts and the supernatural. I love watching shows about real hauntings. I really enjoyed the haunted tour in Frederick. I really get excited about EVP and trying to get something on tape. Of course, when it finally happened, I remember the anxiety quickly following. It's a little scary to be listening to nothing for long periods of time and then all of a sudden you hear a voice. I think I jumped but maybe a bit more than normal due to my wife's scream. I admit to being a little freaked out the rest of the night. The place we toured that day was supposively haunted. We recorded every minute while we walked around the museum and later that night listened to every minute and got one word, "password" out of the experience. Unfortunately, we can't find the tape.

I've always wondered what drives these stories. Did the things people claim to experience or see really happen? Do the dead walk among us and find ways to communicate with the living? I'd love to be galavanting across the globe investigating every supernatural story. However, I'm scared of one thing. What if I bring something back with me unknowingly? I've heard stories that disturbing spirits may draw them to you and follow you back home. I really don't want any spirits following me home. Scooter, our cat, randomly watches nothing. He follows nothing and stares at nothing. When I say nothing, he's watching something, I just can't see anything. I see nothing. With that said, I only need one spirit in the house. I can live with that unless things turn poltergeist.

I'm adding more things of October, ghost stories. Those will come soon. I only know a few so feel free to share. I love reading about new ghost stories.

2 Comments:

Blogger mscamille said...

Um, I don't recall actually screaming. But, it is easy to believe that I did :)

Hey where'd you get that nanowrimo word counter thingy?

October 13, 2005 11:09 PM  
Blogger teddyjb said...

I got the thingy from here;
http://www.feath.com/AFB/meter.php

October 14, 2005 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home