Monday, October 03, 2005

Top 25 Horror Flicks

This is more like a work in progress. I would probably change my mind on this over and over but here's my attempt.

25. Alien-It may be scifi but it had the scare factor and the gross me out alien bursting through the chest.
24. Children of the Corn-I don't remember much but I just feel it has to be on here.
23. The Fly-A giant fly never gave me more creeps than this one.
22. Child's Play-I never wanted the My Buddy doll after this movie.
21. Psycho(1960)-I loved the original version, the remake was okay but it did have Viggiooooo!
20. Saw-Carey's overacting was downright bad but again the gross out affect wins.
19. An American Werewolf in London-Another great movie my dad let me watch when I was young.
18. The Evil Dead-Classic Bruce...can any horror flick list be without the might Bruce Campbell?
17. The Thing-yet another scifi movie and more heads walking and parinoia.
16. The Blair Witch Project-Yes, I admit to thinking this was real, which made it awesome. Then I found out the truth and it stunk. But if I watch it every now and then and forget about the truth, this movie can scare.
15. Pet Sematary-It's on my list, but I won't watch it. Feverish nightmares are alittle too much for me.
14. The Skeleton Key-More of a new movie, but excellent twist and you can't deny the spookyness of voodoo.
13. Scream-A great movie, had the scare factor but the sequels, come on, not good.
12. Halloween-As referenced in Scream, the Scream Queen, Jamie Lee Curtis makes this movie. 11. 28 Days Later-Zombies are usually slow lumbering no-brainers, but these quick and nasty zombies giving it a refreshing feeling.
10. Hellraiser-I love Pinhead.
9. Carrie-I secretly wished I could tell that kind of story about my prom.
8. The Sixth Sense-Not really scary. It had it's moments. The best "I see dead people" movies.
7. Poltergeist-Another childhood viewing leaving me scarred and tormented. But I now can watch this movie.
6. Night of the Living Dead-Classic zombie movie, even if it isn't terrifying.
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street-Another first of a series. Freddy is a gonna getchya.
4. The Ring-Scary, down right scary...can't they all stop watching the tape.
3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974)-The original is great and I even liked the remake with Jessica Beil.
2. The Shining-Ultimate cabin fever.
1. The Exorcist-If you ever watch this and suddenly a crazed face flashes on the screen and your TV screen goes blank, you're screwed. It'll never work properly. Trust me, I know, the 32-inch television resting in the closet fell victim to this outstanding movie.

Also receiving consideration were my Halloween favorite, Shocker, Friday the 13th, Stir of Echoes, The Omen, Candyman, Cabin Fever, Jaws, Silence of the Lambs, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Darkness Falls. Also, I could not give consideration to Rosemary's Baby, Phantasm or Suspiria because quite frankly, I have not seen them. It's not that I have no intentions, I just haven't gotten around to them. Plus, I'm no there are some movies that recently came out like The Exorcism of Emily Rose, which looks good but I haven't made it to the theaters lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home