Thursday, October 13, 2005

Real quick

Okay, I know I said I just don't care about sports but I can't help commenting on another example how dumb pro athlete's can be. The NBA had announced a new policy that their players must wear suits and look like business professionals. No jeans, jerseys, hats, du-rags, bling-bling and whatever else most NBA players wear. I guess the NBA, which catered to the hip hop culture, decided that the money came from a group that can't identify with hip hop. The money still loves the days of short shorts, Larry Bird, Kevin McHales and athletes who are old enough to drink. The latest dumb comment came from a player who makes $8 million a year and said players should receive a stipen to pay for new clothing to be incompliance with the league's new policy. The league average is $4 million. I make a base of $24,000. My company released a new clothing policy and I don't get a stipen. How about me, I think I need a stipen more than any NBA player. I think this player's comments are more ridiculous than the one made about how $14 million a year isn't enough to feed his family. I know not all athlete's are this out of touch but I still felt like not dropping names. It's not that important and I'm not a journalist worrying about fact checking and reliability of sources. I rely on the media, so if they get it wrong, then I'm wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home