Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It was good while it lasted

I let out a huge "Oh no!" just now. One of my favorite SF shows is officially not coming back next season. So long Invasion. It was great first season and I'm hugely upset about it because now I won't even get to find out what happened. It ended with a wonderful cliffhanger and I can only hope that the SciFi channel picks this one up. So much for the SF shows this season. CBS canned Threshold. NBC dropped Surface and now ABC dropped a bomb by letting Invasion go.

Actually, this is horrible. I enjoyed all three shows and Invasion had to be my favorite of the three even though I couldn't see how the show would last. When Invasion first started I really thought it should have been a movie or a mini series. However, after watching an entire season, I really felt that the show could at least be on for two, three maybe even four seasons. I'll miss Russell, Larkin, Tom, Dave, Jesse, Rose, Kiera and (damn...I forgot the mother's name). Well, I miss you too. See what this has done to me, I can't even remember the mother's name. So long Homestead, FL and to all the hybrids.

On another note, I'm curious as to how this new NBC show Heroes turns out. Superhuman powers and dramtically changed lives - could be very cool or extremely bad. I hope for the very cool. Oh and Mr. Super weird Jeff Goldblum has a supernatural show coming out as well on NBC titled Raines.

I guess we all wait until 2008 for the Chronicles of Narnia sequel.

And finally the bright cheery news...Smallville and Supernatural are both coming back next season. At least Thursday nights are safe.

If you are curious, all of this info was supplied by the Sci Fi Weekly

4 Comments:

Blogger mscamille said...

RIP Mariel Underlay (the mother)...damn that sucks!! Invasion was cool. Crazy cliffhanger.

May 24, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger evolver said...

Smallville has gotten a bit shaky of late... but perhaps the arrival of "Superman Returns" will refocus them...

May 24, 2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger teddyjb said...

V.G. - Thank you for the save invastion website. I hope someone picks up this show and can convince the cast to return.

Evolver - Now that Lex is being set up as his nemesis with superhuman powers, I hope the Superman in Clark finally busts out. I'm growing a little tired of Lana's dramatics. I feel bad for Kristen Kreuk because the writing for the character is not the greatest.

Mscamille - thank you. I totally forgot Mariel's name. I couldn't even remember that her last name was Underlay. Did I forget to mention Deputy Lewis. Hooray for Lewis!

May 25, 2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Ph said...

I can't believe it's going to take two years to come out with Prince Caspian (the Chronicles of Narnia...part two). That's way to long to wait. What is this nonsense? Harry Potter?

May 26, 2006 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home