Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm the old grumpy neighbor

Well I'm officially old or at least I feel like it. This weekend some little punk kid parked his mustang in our parking space. My wife left the first note on Saturday telling them not to park in the space. So Sunday morning creeps around and there's the Mr. Mustang but this time he's parked in a different position but still in our space. My good early Sunday morning feeling withered away. So before I left for the Orioles game, I left a second note which was a bit confrontational. I simply stated this space was reserved for the residence of ___ I had inserted our address number. Now, my wife didn't particularly like it but it was my attempt to find out exactly who the culprit was without knocking on doors. I had an idea of who it was but I just wanted to make sure. So naturally like the punk little kid he is, returned our note stating for the first and last time don't touch his car. If we have a beef with ____ (Ha! totally got him) he inserted their street address and that there are no permits. Uh, hello dude what do you think reserved means?

At this point, I'm extremely grumpy and old, so I send an email to the homeowners association. Well, I think I sent one on Saturday but Monday morning I sent another one as an update on the situation. Maybe ten minutes later I receive a call from the association President. I found out that yes they are reserved but its more of an honor system or gentleman's agreement. Of course if the problem persists, further action can be taken to make the spaces officially reserved. I even learned some tidbits about the owner. Gossip gossip gossip. As of right now, the President spoke with the owner and we'll wait an see if Mr. Mustang parks there again. For the sake of convenience I hope not. But...it would be fun to see Mr. Mustang parked in our spot. I don't know what it is about rifts between neighbors but for some silly reason I like Neighbor Wars. They remind me of movies like Grumpy Old Men, the Burbs and uh...shooting blanks here. Oh well. More to come...work calls.

3 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

I hate it when people are jerks like that - the audacity of complaining about his car being touched by the parking spot owner! Too bad you couldn't just have him towed. I think he makes being grumpy and old an entirely justifiable disposition. :-)

Of course, now you'll need a nose hair trimmer. And a head full of anecdotes about the "good ol' days."

May 02, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger mscamille said...

I say BRING IT ON MUSTANG! I can't wait to see that mustang parked there. I am still so mad about his punk ass :) *curtsey*

May 02, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Blue Eyes said...

What a punk! Call a tow company next time.

My old person moment (aside from my recent fondness for Klondike bars)....Someone let the air out of the tires of my car (in our garage which has no reserved spaces) and if I ever find out who did it, I'll will go nuts.

May 10, 2006 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home