Thursday, March 30, 2006

Simon sure keeps busy

As if "American Idol" isn't enough. First I didn't realize Simon Cowell was behind the new ABC show "American Inventors" but he's also starting a new project on NBC titled "America's Got Talent." In an interview, Simon promises the judging will be "brutally honest." Comedy at other people's expense; I'm not sure where I stand on that type of comedy. Sure I laugh and find it quite humorous and wonder what in the world are these people thinking. Then I begin to wonder what others think of me. It doesn't particularly worry me mainly because I believe we are all in the same boat. We all have inner thoughts, the little secrets and desires we don't share with anyone and they work perfectly because no one can hear them. I'm no different than any one of those people who land themselves on the show and have millions laugh at their follies. If I could let loose for a moment and expose the "me" that I know, I expect people to laugh but not in that "oh you're a funny comedian" way but more like "wow, what was that" way. I wouldn't want people to feel sorry for me because I embarrased myself but rather embrace my true self and know it's okay to step out of that shell and be their true self. Is it okay to laugh at someone for the sheer enjoyment of who they are and what they are doing? My intentions wouldn't be intened to be mean spirited but more like joining them in the moment of being yourself.

1 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

The outer self kind of bumbles its translation of the inner self, doesn't it? :-)

March 31, 2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home