Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Those uncomfortable moments around parents

Over the weekend, we visited Camille's parents for her birthday celebration. We had an extremely good time, especially at the comedy club. But this is hardly why I'm writing. This in facts goes back months ago at her grandmothers house. Unfortunately for me, I experienced one of those moments you wish you weren't around to hear that, this past weekend which in turn reminded me about this last experience. It started when Camille left the room to get ready for the comedy club. We had just returned from a late lunch/early dinner and there were these two balloons from the restaraunt. Her mom grabbed both of them and said to her husband, "look, sperm." I was standing off to the side in the room. Now that's not the most embarrassing situation but still, I didn't want to hear Camille's mom reference sperm. However, this reminded me of the time I was stuck watching TV with Camille's grandmother and her mom. Don't get me wrong, I never feel like I'm stuck with Camille's grandmother or mom. I enjoy the time we all spend together. However, watching American Pie 2, with all its sexual humor, is quite embarrassing. Lets see, the peeing on Stifler's head wasn't so bad but the scene with the alleged lesbians almost killed me. Oh, and where was Camille you ask, in the other room with her aunt messing around on the computer. So there I was stuck in the room watching this movie and I wanted to die because of the embarrassment. I even resorted to fake sleeping just so I didn't look like I was enjoying the movie or see their faces. I hate watching movies or shows with such references around family. With my brothers is one thing but around parents and grandparents is a whole other story.

3 Comments:

Blogger mscamille said...

Um, don't forget the last thing this weekend...we turn the tv on and it's some show about a guy getting surgery for his "hidden penis"! I hoped to goodness my dad would turn it...but no, I think we all kind of looked at it a little while out of sheer intrigue.

February 21, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger teddyjb said...

Awe man, now I remembered that one as well. Great...sperm, raunchy movie and now a hidden penis. The moments are burned into my "southwest moments"

February 21, 2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Blue Eyes said...

Wow, that's really really awkward. I sort of feel awkward for you.

February 21, 2006 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home