Thursday, April 27, 2006

So what do you think?

Okay, I'm taking a poll to see if I should actually do this Bike to Work Day 2006. It's nearly two weeks away so I'd really have to work at it. I'm not a member of a gym in DC nor do I have any interest in joining one. There are no shower facilities in the building. I could bring a change of clothes and do the baby wipe cleaning method. I'm probably way to eager and therefore unaware of my current physical limitations. I'd be too afraid to leave my bike locked up out side, fearing someone would steal the seat, handle bars, front tire or anything else they can take of the bike easily. I've seen the aftermath of that senario. Oh yeah, it's Gaithersburg to DC! I'd have to get down to the Bethesday metro center by 7:00 am and then go to DC. Not to mention, I have to make a return trip home. Boy oh boy, I'm starting to sound crazy for even considering this adventure. Any t houghts?

6 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

How far is that? (Gaithersburg)

I bike everyday but it is only about ten kilometres (each way.) And because I do it everyday, I'm not worn out at work.

I'd say if its not more than about 6-7 miles, go for it. But not practical for commuting much more than that, especially if its only the one day!

April 28, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Blue Eyes said...

Plus if you get tired, you can always hop on the metro right?

April 28, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger teddyjb said...

I'm not entirely sure about the mileage but it's well over 10 miles. I believe it's in the 20-25 mile range maybe more. Plus the bike route looks to be a some trail so the metro might be out at least on the way there. I could just take the metro back home but it sure would be a pain to lug my bike during rush hour traffic. Metro Center is can be quite crazy in the evenings.

May 01, 2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger mscamille said...

Sorry, I guess I posted my comment in the wrong post.

I think its a crackhead idea. But more power to you (no, not bitter) :) :) At least wear sunscreen!

May 02, 2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Ph said...

It ain't no ten miles. Just take 355 all the way down. And I agree with Kimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hop on the metro if you get tired.

I was thinking about biking to work on that day too.

May 03, 2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger mscamille said...

Boohoo, I would do it, but I'd barely make it out of our housing complex.

May 03, 2006 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home