Friday, July 22, 2005

Everyone needs to stand their ground

I really hope I get to see this play out the way I would like it. I didn't plan on saying anything about this situation, especially with more important things going on in the world, like the extremely bad luck of London. Will that ever end?? Anyways here is what I'm talking about. Mr. Terrell Owens, who decided this offseason to change agents and get himself the self proclaimed "Shark" to get him a new contract, which is code for more money.

Here is the back story on his new agent, Drew Rosenhaus. His philosophy is that if a player performs better than his current contract, that player is entitled to a raise. If a team can cut players or ask them to restructure their contracts for less money to make room for other talent, then players should have the right to demand more money for exceptional play.

However, T.O. isn't saying this. In fact, he's doing this for his family. Now that didn't go down to well for Latrell Sprewell of the NBA, so why even bring that up as your reasoning? Let's think about this, you have a current contract which will bring in 49 million in six years. Hmm, I probably will never make that in my life. Still, I work everyday, take my time off when I have the days and still provide for my family and I make no where near as much money as you make. So why do you need so much frakin' $$$. You should be able to do just fine with that amount of money. You then go on to say you've explained to your teammates that your doing this for your family but how many guys actually make more than you? What about the guy make $300,000, doesn't he deserve a bit more? Guess not, because you're T.O. and you deserve everything and you'll cry when you don't get it.

Oh, and to top all this off, you didn't even contribute to getting the Eagles into the Super Bowl. You were injured and missed both playoff games to include the NFC Championship game which was the game the Eagles lost in three straight times. Sure, you played like a champ the first 14 games and played brilliantly in the Super Bowl but the Eagles didn't win. You did not accomplish what the Eagles brought you in to do, which was win the Super Bowl. But hey, you don't care about that, you'll play with anyone for a year as long as you get paid $$$$.

So, I hope the Eagles stand their ground and refuse to give you a new contract, release or trade you. I hope you stand your ground and stay off the field the entire season. You'll look as good as the NHL players when they sat out the entire year. Oh and just so you know, if you don't play, you don't get paid which means you are not providing for your family by holding out. If I was your family member, I'd be smacking you across the head, and urging you to put the pads, the uniform and helmet on and show me the money! Show me the money...bounce bounce...Show...bounce...Me...bounce...the...bounce...Money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home