Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Why does this woman have cats??

Okay, this story about a woman and her cats broke last week, so I'm a bit behind the power curve. Apparently this woman, Ruth Knueven, had a house full of cats, 222 dead, and the house has extensive damage and a nice coat of feline waste. What I don't know is did this woman actually live in this house? How or more importantly why would you live in such a house with all those cats. In fact, why does she have all those cats. According to the article this woman had 488 cats, which I assume includes a previous encounter with authorities in 2001 for the same thing, where they took more than 100 cats from her.

I love animals. I miss our little Pepper and I enjoyed having Phillip's dog Cider over for a week. But I can't see myself having hundreds of cats, letting them do their business without cleaning it up, not taking the sick ones to a vet, and especially not disposing of the dead. I would get frustrated when lil'Pep would pee on the carpet. I would go out of my mind if hundreds of cats did the same and far worse, let a number two go inside the house. I guess I really don't understand what this woman is thinking. Heck, I don't know what her family is thinking. I left out the part about her daughter's townhouse and the hundreds of dead and sick cats in there as well. What is up with this family? How did they get all those cats? Hopefully the eight that survived that catastrophe are placed in goods homes with people who will love those animals and give them the proper treatment. They desire at least that much love. Maybe one will get lucky and have someone who will flat out spoil and pamper them.

I really hope no one in Ruth Knuevel's family, including herself, ever own a pet or hoard cats again. They don't deserve them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home