Sunday, June 19, 2005

It's our anniversary

What a wonderful day. Today is a very special day, our first anniversary day. Yes, Camille and I have been married for exactly one year. I can't believe it. One year has gone by so fast and there have been so many things to reflect on. Some exciting, some not so exciting, others terribly funny and not so funny, moments of frustration and most recently sadness. But I wouldn't exchange any of those experiences. I embrace them all, even the most difficult ones.

Today, today, today...such a wonderful day. We saw an excellent musical at the Roundhouse Theatre in Bethesda, Once on this Island. If your in this area, go see it. I highly recommend it. It's a story about love conquering death and breaking boundaries and quite appropriate for an anniversary. Then came our gift search. We decided to buy each other a simple gift, since we hit hard times, mainly because of a decision I made which I may get into on a later posting. So we walked over to a Barnes and Noble, spent a half hour searching for three items we wanted. We met back up and gave each other clues as to what we wanted. Then we split back up to purchase one of the three items, not knowing what the other person was going to get. Then we had dinner at Uno's and returned to our new home that we closed on May 31st. We light some candles, shared a few glasses of wine using our Tiffnany & Co. wine glasses received as a wonderful wedding gift last year. Lastly, we emptied the two B&N bags on the couch and exchanged our gifts. I decided to give my wife the book on photography since it's an area that she wants to explore and what better way to encourage this by getting a book to help her along the way. Of course I'll give her verbal support and knudge her along the way but hopefully this book will provide her with some basic knowledge and get her excited about photography and all the cool things she can do with it. My lovely wife bought me the fifth installment of the Left Behind series. I stopped reading them for the past year or so but I've felt the urge to pick them back up and continue with the series. I want to know what ole Buck and Rayford are up to. Hmm, I wonder if they have made a third movie yet or did they quit doing those. Kirk Cameron as Buck Williams, a little silly I think.

Oh, the wife just came back with wine...yeah, yeah we're a bit of wino's. Off to continue this wonderful evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ph said...

I found a TED!!

June 20, 2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger teddyjb said...

Yes you did. We're a rare species and few find such a wonderful specimen like myself.

June 20, 2005 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home