Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Not so brilliant

Well, on my way to an interview today I witnessed a not so brilliant decision. First off, sometimes people baffle me. I know we all make mistakes and make poor decisions but this one definitely was not a good decision. While I waited at a red light, I noticed a woman get out of a car waiting across the road in the far left lane. Apparently, this woman wanted cross the street to stand at the bus stop. Only, this person decided to exit the car during a red light and stand in the middle of the road talking to the driver of the car they justed exited. Their timing was so great that the light turned green and cars began zooming by. This woman stood in the middle of the road holding up traffic, cars honking, so she could walk over to the bus stop. Not only was this an unwise decision but it was also an unsafe act. I thought for a moment I was actually going to see someone get hit by a vehicle. If she had been struck by a car, I don't know if I would feel sorry for her. It would have been unfortunate, but she did put herself in that situation with a not so brilliant idea. Hmm, lets get out of this car and stand in the middle of the road and try to cross it with oncoming traffic. I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home