Monday, October 31, 2005

The Good, the bad and the distractor

Another birthday has passed. A very nice low key birthday. Perfect. Friday's lunch was wonderful and had a very pleasant surprise. Phillip tricked my wife and brought a surprise birthday cake for me. Very nice, Thank you Phillip. Of course my wife had a few tricks up her sleeve with balloons, chocolate and a photo shoot at the Melting Pot, later that night. No complaints here, it didn't draw too much attention, in fact, I don't think anyone really noticed. This was the good.

The bad-I feel drained today. Something in my life is sucking the creative fire from me like a Mr. Price. I know what, but I cannot reveal the source here. It's not a secret, I just don't want someone who could possibly stumble across this and figure it out. With Nanowrimo about to kick off, this does not give a good outlook for the next month. In fact, I'm not even sure what I going to write. I recently started a project which I can't use and I'm not to keen on the idea I intended to use.

The distractor-Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords. I'm having withdrawls right now. I need to play. What's even worse is that my wife is totally addicted to the game as well. I should have waited until December but I really wanted the game and I had birthday money to spare. I even woke up early this morning just to get some game time in. I usually wake up early on Mondays to take out the trash, which I did but then I quickly moved through my morning routine and played for nearly two hours. Now I can't wait to get home and play some more. This is going to take some really strong will power to balance my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home