Thursday, June 22, 2006

An impossible task

I'm trying for the impossible. I'm trying to avoid the results of the US - Ghana match. I have the Tivo set to record it this morning and I would really like to watch it without knowing the end result of the match. So far, the only thing I know is that it started at 9:55 am on ESPN and it's now 10:36 am. I may have to avoid the internet all day long---oh my god I don't know what I'll do. Well, here goes nothing!

10:47 am - Holy crap! Someone just wildly cheered. There must be a television nearby. I'm gonna have to pull the plug or I'll never survive this day.

4:17 pm - Wow! I've almost made it through the enitre day. Only a few more hours. Of course some random lady almost ruined it for me during lunch. I was standing in line and these women behind me were yapping about their husbands who took the morning off from work to watch the game. One of the ladies sure wasn't happy about her husband sitting at home drinking beer and stuffing his face with greasy foods. Thankfully they weren't the least bit interested in the outcome of the game.

9:10 pm - Okay, I made it. I completed the impossible task and what a depressing let down. The US laid another stinker. I should have just had the gamecast on during the day, read the story that follows and been done with it than sit for two hours watching the US. On the other hand, Ghana is such a great story. I hope they upset Brazil.

2 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

Good luck with your not-knowing! :-)

June 22, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger teddyjb said...

Thanks, it's almost noon. Only 6 more hours. Maybe I can leave early just to cut down the time. I just realized I'm gonna have to quickly turn off the radio in my car. I had it on the morning sports talk station.

June 22, 2006 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home