Monday, July 24, 2006

So much for a recharge

It was my plan this past weekend to do absolutely nothing. Sadly, I showered but I did avoid brushing my teeth. They felt very gross. I played hours of video games and watched plenty of shows and movies. I made the morning run to Starbucks and a Saturday night run to India Palace (yum!) Unfortunately, I'm still tired and worn out. So what if I traveled the galaxy, fought off the Empire and revived the Washington Huskies football program. I never left the house. Why am I so tired? I still get the same amount of sleep even though I'm going to bed at midnight instead of 11. I get up at 6 instead of 5. I suppose the 4 hours I spend in bartending class is draining my energy/brain power and messing up my eating schedule. I basically get up, go to work, leave work, go to class, leave class, go home, eat, sleep, wake up and go through the same thing again and again. I dream about making drinks and wake up thinking about what I do with rum, triple sec and juice. Bartending school might be a whole helluva lot of fun, I'll be glad when it's over. I can go back to my normal routine. I think this next weekend, I'm sleeping more. It'll probably do nothing to help and even may make things worse but I will have spent the past two weeks dreaming and thinking about shooters, cocktails, highballs, specialty drinks and lord knows what else and I just want to dream about something else.

On a side note, I think I might try this bartending thing. I don't want this knowledge that I've gained to go to waste. It may not be my money that went towards this class but why not use this as an opportunity to earn a little extra even though I really don't have to. Hmm, an upgraded home theater sporting a projection tv. A larger tv in the game room to go with a new xbos 360 perhaps. But then reality sets in and I'll be paying someone to finish the stupid flooring project my wife and I started in January. Oh an someone will need to be paid for fixing a leaky roof. Painting is not a problem nor is putting up shelves, blinds, curtains, pictures or other wall decorations. Just need the floor in place to move along with the housing upgrades. The cool technology gadgets will just have to wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

A little moonlighting can go along way. In my case, it paid for a lot of music gear. :-)

July 26, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Blue Eyes said...

Sounds like a fun new thing to try out. I always wanted to be a bartender... or a barista.

July 29, 2006 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home