Monday, July 31, 2006

Professional Mixologist

I'm an -ologist, as in a mixologist. Not just a mixologist, a professional mixologist. Around 6:30 pm Friday evening I passed my written and speed test and officially became a mixologist. I even received a diploma. Now it's decision time. What to do with my new skill? Where to work? How many days a week? Decisions...decisions...decisions. I'm pretty excited about the possibility of working a little part time job as a bartender. I think I'd make a pretty good bartender in the right place. I'm glad the course is over. I can leave work and go home. I don't have to detour and spend an additional 4 hours in Arlington and then come home between 11pm or midnight. I'll have to get a little familiar with some drinks that weren't required for class but were given to us in supplemental handouts...ie red headed slut.

4 Comments:

Blogger evolver said...

Congratulations. Now where's my rum and coke? :-)

July 31, 2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger Ph said...

Don't forget the sidecar...

August 01, 2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger Blue Eyes said...

Who hooo! Congrats on graduating!

August 12, 2006 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The life of a bartender is fun! It is the best job in the world. My only problem is I am a "fluffy" bartender and because I go to work at 3pm and usually dont get off until 4am I am never eating. So heres some advice: Eat before you go to work. Dont gossip about people, it will bite you in the ass. And never dicuss politics or religion! Good luck love!!

November 27, 2007 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home