Wednesday, December 28, 2005

How could I forget

What was I thinking?? I totally forget to inform everyone I received the best christmas gift ever. The itrip. It's this neat little device that attaches to my ipod mini, transmits to an FM station and allows me to play my music. I can now enjoy my mini in the car.

I usually don't care about these little gadgets but this little guy is great. In general, I love electronics but only certain kinds. TV's, home theater systems, video game consoles, TiVo, and computers(only for gaming or home media center of course). I'm not impressed with all these cool cellphones, PDA's, laptops, portable gaming devices and even mp3 players.

If I need to call someone or someone needs to call me, I simply need a cellphone. I don't need all the bells and whistles that come with these phones. I don't need to check my email, look at a daily planner, play games or any other things you can do on cellphones these days. PDA's are another useless device for me. I'm not a hard charging executive, nor does my busy days call for the use of these nifty gadgets. Laptops are just smaller PC's and again, I want big powerful machines. I don't travel much and I find it easier to write in notebooks or journals. So no laptop for me at this point in my life. Ah, portable game devices, that's a big NO for me. Why in the world do I want to play a video game on some small screen with lame sound, when I can sit in the comfort of my own home, on a bigger screen with surround sound? I want to see the explosions and hear the bullets whiz by, people screaming for help and jump when monsters come running around the corner. I'm sorry but portable games don't deliver for me. I ride the fence on mp3 players. I love my mini, even more now that I can listen in the car. No more carrying a case of cd's. Gone are the days of changing disks or having to listen to one band at a time. Oops, I forgot about the portable DVD players. These I can live with. I used my constantly when traveling on the metro to work. The hour long ride from Shady Grove to Crystal City was so much more enjoyable when watching a movie. Though from time to time, I felt awkward when a sex scene came up or a naked body ran across the screen. Some movies weren't meant for traveling but I wanted to laugh at times, and well, people would just have to live with Will Ferrell's naked ass running through the streets and topless women in Old School.

So if I'm not going to use it at home, then I probably won't be too interested in such things, with some exceptions. I want big screens, lots of sound and a kick ass system to tie them all together.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue Eyes said...

I love my itrip too! It brings so much happiness!

January 11, 2006 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home