Monday, September 19, 2005

Total excitement

Well, it may not be for other people, especially if you really don't care about sports but for me right now I'm excited about sports. For the better part of the year, I really could care less about my home teams. The Cavs crumbled(big shocker for a team from Cleveland) and the Indians didn't start off too great and the ChiSox's built a 15 game lead.

Now, the Indians are 3 and a half games back, destroying that 15 game lead as of Aug 1. They lead the damn Yankees by one and a half games in the wildcard. Ladies and gentlemen, that's a playoff team. Unfortunately, this has to be the most exciting and nerve wracking time. Thirteen games left in the final two weeks of baseball. Six games are against the ChiSox's, and a good showing may launch the Indians above the Sox's marking maybe one of the biggest chokes in recent memory. Well, almost the biggest choke. Last year's beautiful downfall of a 3-0 Yankee lead in the ALCS, is the biggest choke. Alright ESPN, you better start showing some of these games. I want to see my Indians win. If all goes well, I'll be even more of a nervous wreck when the playoff starts and a run to the World Series involves the Indians. I'll be glued to Fox and ESPN every night the Indians play.

Adding to the excitement are by beloved Brownies. They may have beaten a fading Packers team but a win is a win. And what could be more nail-biting than Brett Favre driving his team down the field, scoring a touchdown and kicking an onside kick. Nothing...but the Packers didn't recover that onside kick so disaster avoided. Browns win. However, it's early and this is supposed to be a rough rebuilding year(again). But I don't care, they won and I'm ready for another game. Bring on the Colts. Though, a few more games like the Cincy game, and I'll be changing my tune to make it stop. I had this same feeling last year only to witness a nine game losing streak to end the season.

So not only are my two favorite home teams winning but I feel good today. This should be an excellent day and the perfect completion would be a win tonight for my soccer team. We've lost three straight and have played no where near to our potential but I'm starting awake from my coma. A few hard shots on goal last week and I'm starting to be able to play harder than I have since I started this a few months ago is giving me more confidence. More confidence equals better play and increases my ability to contribute to this team and better our chances of ending this horrible losing streak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home