Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My funk

My funk is getting on my nerves. No, it's not the smelly kinda funk, it's my mood. Lately, I've been making mistakes, simple mistakes that I shouldn't be making. I can't focus for more than five seconds. I drift off into space when someone utters more than a single sentence to me. Of course it just had to carry over into my soccer match last night. It's aweful. I totally whiffed on a shot and shanked a wide open shot. Both would have been goals, might first for the season but no, I'm in a funk. This is not fun. I thought it went away after the game. I watched another episode of Joan of Arcadia (Thank you Phillip! I love it!) and I felt so much better. But now it's late afternoon on this gloomy Tuesday, another soccer match awaits and here I am feeling the funk.

Oh gross, note to wife, don't ever get the pasta parmesan with broccoli. I know you don't like it but I sure don't like it. I'll eat the rest but it's nasty and looks strangely green.

I sure hope my funk doesn't transfer to the rest of the team tonight. Last night I think it did. The entire team seemed to been in a funk, spacing out. But that's not to say we didn't try. We had sparks of intesity but everytime we scored, the other team scored right back. Not to mention the other team was dreadful which I guess makes us down right pond scum. He comes the coulda, woulda, shoulda but we should be undefeated right now but now we're 1-3 and tied for last place. We can play so much better than our record indicates but when you think about, we deserve 1-3. We haven't played that well and it shows. We can together late last session and hoped it would carry over to this session, which it did at first. Then total breakdown. Where's our mojo??? Mojo where are you??? Probably lost in the funk. Damn you funk!!! Damn you!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ph said...

You're welcome. Have you gotten to "The Uncertainity Principle" yet? It's one of the best...

August 31, 2005 10:26 AM  
Blogger teddyjb said...

Yes, we watched the episode last night. As my wife dubbed him "Goth God" was cool. I love how some of the smallest things Joan does affect so many lives without her even knowing.

September 01, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger Ph said...

I think that Goth God is actually his name. He's one of my favorites.

September 01, 2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger mscamille said...

We actually didn't see him in the credits...only "DJ God" and some other names (might have been the real names of the God characters, but that's weird).

September 01, 2005 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home