Friday, August 26, 2005

I won't be surprised

Actually, I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised another athlete is denying to the world that he cheated. Now, there is no hard evidence that Lance Armstrong cheated but I'm compelled to believe the accusers, thanks Raffy. I may have believed Lance but after Mr. Finger juiced his way to the recordbooks, I feel every athlete in question has used steroids, performance enhancing drugs or in Lance's case, blood doping. In my world of ignorance, I have no understanding how blood doping works and what scientific tests prove this blood doping thing.

The alleged Armstrong blood samples are from 1999 and like Lance I don't know how accurate a test could be on blood frozen from that long. However, I wouldn't use this as the reason not to believe these allegations and to believe in Lance. Honestly, where do athletes get off? From day one, athletes caught cheating by drug tests, ALL, say they didn't knowingly use a banned substance. Okay, for the average everyday person that might be true, but you're a professional athlete. Your body is everything. Your body allows you to do the things you do. How can you not know what you're putting in your body? I might forgive a 19 year old rookie but not a veteran with hall of fame numbers nor a seven time Tour deFrance winner(Lance never did say he did not knowingly do anything, he straight up didn't do anything, but I still lump him in here) But don't think the world is completely dumb, well maybe most, but definitely not all. Now that I think about it, who cares. All you have to do is say you didn't do it and things will be fine. You're from Texas. People believe anything a Texan says or at least the majority do here in the US.

My point is that I won't be surprised if Lance cheated. But what's so devastating about his situation is that he fooled the whole world. He possibly cheated his way to an unbelievable record of seven straight wins which could be stripped away and be one of the biggest scandals of the century.

Oh, I'm so waiting for Barry Bonds to retire before he gets busted for performance enhancing drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home